Auckland Cavy Care aims to help care for and re-home as many guinea pigs as they can to good homes, to do this we need the help of foster homes - People like you!
Our Foster Care Program has been set into place to allow us to help and care for as many of these homeless animals as possible as well as allowing these animals more one on one time with humans before being placed into a loving forever home!
When fostering for Auckland Cavy Care you will be required to:
- Provide a safe, secure, environment (indoors)
- Make sure the animals have adequate food and water at all times.
- Keep the animals enclosure clean.
- Be able to transport the animal to and from the shelter when needed.
- Be able to provide the rescue with weekly updates on the animal.
- Be able to provide lots of tender love and care, attention and handling!